In Centro Da Viola
Tradition and sustainability, in the heart of Olbia
In centro da Viola – Eco Design Rooms welcomes you to Olbia, the territory that the ancient Greeks called Ολβιος/Olbiòs (happy), as a natural safe harbor in the Mediterranean Sea and where sea and hill merge to offer prosperity.
In the oldest part of the city of Olbia, among the characteristic alleys that still reflect the ancient plan of the Roman urbe, is In centro da Viola – Eco Design Rooms, a palace from the 1600s, completely renovated respecting the ancient identity to which innovative architectural elements are added.
Our family-run guesthouse was born from the idea of being able to make hospitality while respecting 3 principles:
Hospitality and Tradition
“Sa domo est minore, su coro est mannu”. The house is small, the heart is big, a very old proverb of the Sardinians about the hospitality they offer from the heart.
By collaborating with local artisans who are masters of ancient knowledge, such as blacksmithing, carpentry, we offer unique and functional rooms, including the use of innovative systems to ensure maximum hygiene and hospitality.
Starting with the idea that every small contribution makes a difference, we chose to:
– Use recycled materials wherever possible during construction and with low environmental impact, for example, part of the stair treads were made from wooden planks from construction sites and the old walls were refurbished with environmentally friendly lime;
– Redeveloping an old decaying building in the center, thus avoiding land consumption;
– Minimize the use of plastic materials through a plasticfree approach (for example, we chose soap and shower foam dispensers instead of platisc bottles);
– Aiming to achieve a separate waste collection rate of over 80 percent;
– Installing energy-efficient light bulbs;
– Be easily accessible for guests without cars in tow;
– Use environmentally friendly products for cleaning rooms.
Our wish is to revolution your stay to a pleasant, beautiful and unique experience through innovative solutions capable of combining respect for traditional materials with contemporary aesthetics.
Olbia and surroundings
Olbia is a beautiful city in Sardinia, perfect for a year-round getaway. With its mild climate and breathtaking landscapes, Olbia is a city that is sure to leave a lasting impression. From its paradisiacal islands to its granite rocks rich in Mediterranean maquis, Olbia has something for everyone.
The structure is newly renovated, with attention to every detail. They have managed to combine simplicity, detail and passion. In the centre at Viola's, it is a modern structure that conveys the warmth of an old family home. The staff was available for all kinds of discussions and requests.
Great room! Nothing to complain about, clean and very nice! The location is great, in the city centre close to restaurants. The owners are very friendly and very helpful.
A beautiful new hotel with a very boutique atmosphere, it is delightfully designed with exquisite exposed stone walls. Tastefully and cleverly furnished, the rooms have everything you need, including a fridge (with complimentary items!).